Changing keyboard shortcut in Sequel Pro is very much possible in Mac. My major use case is to “Save Query” & i use it a lot. I generally create separate files for different Databases. My fingers are used to press Command+S(⌘+S) to save the ongoing work, but doesn’t work for Sequel Pro by default.
But its not supported by Sequel Pro directly, but we have a workaround for same. Here we go:
- In Mac, we can add shortcuts via System Preferences for an Application.
- Go to Keyboard > Shortcuts > Application Shortcuts.
- Now click “+” button and a window will open with options to select/add Application, Menu Title & Keyboard Shortcut.
- Select “Sequel Pro” in Application and enter “Save Query” as the Menu Title and and assign “cmd+S”.
- Similarly then add “Save Connection” and assign “ctrl+cmd+S” – both shortcuts will get swapped.
Once you are done it will look like below screenshot.
Similarly you can add more shortcuts for Sequel Pro and for other Applications as well.